If you want to immigrate to Azerbaijan, you must know that this country has a couple of bilateral or multilateral visa-free agreements. The Azeri authorities also offer ASAN, an online visa system, to eliminate the lengthy visa process. Individuals who hold a residence permit of Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, or Saudi Arabia, accompanying a person of the country that issued a residence permit, can obtain an Azeri visa on arrival for 30 days.
If you have any questions about immigration in Azerbaijan, get in touch with our specialists. They can provide you with detailed information if you are wondering whether you can immigrate to Azerbaijan without a visa or not.
Furthermore, if your wish to open a company in Azerbaijan, our company formation advisers can assist you.
Types of visas in Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan offers different kinds of visas, so the immigration aspirants choose a visa type as per their purpose of visit to this country. You can get visa guidance from our consultants in Azerbaijan. Here is a general description of the visas for foreigners who want to immigrate to Azerbaijan:
- Business visa: a person who is planning to conduct business in Azerbaijan can obtain a business visa. The individual must hold a company letter addressed to the Azeri consulate stating the nature of his/her business. The letter must also describe all the business entities he/she will be visiting in Azerbaijan;
- Official visa: an individual who wants to visit Azerbaijan for official purposes can obtain an official visa;
- Private visa: Azeri authorities issue private visas to those individuals who come to this country to meet with their families and friends, or a citizen of Azerbaijan invites them. A private visa is also issued to the family members of those foreigners working in this country on a business visa;
- Tourist visa: you can obtain this type of visa to immigrate to Azerbaijan for personal reasons or tourism. You can also apply for a single-entry, double-entry, or multiple-entry visa in this country. A tourist visa in Azerbaijan is valid for up to 3 months or 1 year;
- Employment visa: stateless individuals or foreigners who want to perform paid labor activities can apply for an employment visa in Azerbaijan;
- Diplomatic visa: you can apply for a diplomatic visa to carry out diplomatic tasks in Azerbaijan;
- Internship or education visa: Azeri visa authorities offer a short-term internship or study visa to interested individuals. This visa is for students planning for Azerbaijan migration because they wish to study in its universities or want to perform projects.
If you want to immigrate to Azerbaijan, these are the visa types that you can apply for. You can also consult with our company formation experts in Azerbaijan if you want to initiate a startup in this country.
Documents required for obtaining an Azeri visa
Azeri authorities facilitate the nationals of almost 90 countries with an opportunity of visa-free entry for their hassle-free Azerbaijan migration. This country also provides a choice of an online visa to Azerbaijan. But if your nationality is not eligible for these facilities, you are required to submit the following documents:
- A visa application filled with correct information;
- A valid passport (must be valid for 3 months from the expected date to arrival to Azerbaijan);
- Two passport-sized biometric photos;
- Receipt of submitted visa fee;
- Travel insurance;
- The underage travelers must submit a notarized birth certificate, parent’s permission, and copy of ID;
- Employment contract (if applicable);
- A copy of the letter confirming the enrollment of an applicant in the university of Azerbaijan (if applicable);
- Copy of business license (if applicable).
Please note that Arminian citizens cannot enter Azerbaijan except if they obtain special permissions. Any foreigner who has been to the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh area is not allowed to enter Azerbaijan, because Azerbaijan is in a state of conflict with Armenia over this disputed land. Our experts in Azerbaijan can guide you if you are eligible to immigrate to Azerbaijan or not. Once you immigrate to Azerbaijan, you can get the assistance of our experts in opening a branch there.
You can also rely on the consultancy of our experts if you want to make an investment in Azerbaijan.
A decline in the immigrant’s rate in Azerbaijan
In 1991, after the breakup of the Soviet Union, the Azerbaijan migration rate faced a constant decline from 1995-2015:
- In 2000, Azerbaijan accommodated 327,540 immigrants, a 4.8% less from 1995;
- Azerbaijan welcomed 302,220 individuals in 2005, a 7.73% decline from 2000;
- The immigration statistics in Azerbaijan for the year 2010 was 276,901, an 8.38% decline from 2005;
- There were 264,241 immigrants in Azerbaijan in 2015, a 4.75% less from 2010.
Contact us if you want to immigrate to Azerbaijan. Our experts will guide you in detail regarding all the requirements. You can also consult with our company formation consultants in Azerbaijan if you want trademark registration in Azerbaijan.